ENJOY the Market Fresh Way Every Day!
Being a member of the Market Fresh Team means being a part of one of the greatest produce brands in the nation. Our staff works to provide our customers with top-quality products and service.
We are always looking for great people who share our vision to join one of the fastest growing produce companies in the industry. Qualified candidates, please complete the application and submit it along with your resume to Jim Maynard, Senior Director of HR.
We offer excellent pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, paid time off and holidays.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Senior Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for retaining and growing existing business, while pursuing additional profitable growth opportunities nationwide. He or she will plan & implement sales and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets and implement strategic sales and marketing plans, goals and objectives which result in brand growth for Market Fresh Produce.
The Senior Director of Sales and Marketing will lead and direct the company’s involvement in trade shows, exhibits and national trade media management, as well as manage the company’s sales staff.
The Senior Director of Sales and Marketing is also responsible for keeping the VP of Strategy apprised of all potential issues as they arise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary by supervisor.
- Responsible for promoting the Market Fresh brand nationwide
- Responsible for implementation of Market Fresh Produce strategic sales plan, goals and objectives
- Design, create and implement a business development program which results in brand growth for Market Fresh
- Compile and prepare ongoing market trend analysis, national pricing and logistics
- Responsible for trade show, exhibits and national trade media management
- Manage existing sales staff at all Market Fresh locations
- Continually oversee new & existing customers, develop positive relationships, monitor customer satisfaction
- Develop new leads, both target retail & food service clients, as well as other opportunities to expand our sales/profits
- Create and develop the company’s sales presentations
- Build good rapport with grower/shippers to ensure packing standards are met
- New item research & development
- Work closely with procurement division to oversee sale sheets & ongoing marketing presentations
- Responsible for drafting budget for sales that allows for proper development of new business
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, VP of Strategy & the Senior Director of Operations/Finance, agree on sales volume and profit targets; review quarterly
- Develop innovative sales, marketing and promotional activity to increase product awareness and drive sales with each customer
- Meet with customers’ buying contacts on a quarterly basis to ensure sales target are met
- Have an in-depth understanding of the product dynamics and where threats and opportunities may lie; proactively address issues to ensure sales target are met
- Be innovative in all aspects that challenge the status quo; propose new packaging and marketing as required to drive sales
- Build relationships with the customers’ replenishment teams to solidify our reputation as a dependable, quality supplier with excellent category and customer specific knowledge
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, VP of Strategy & the Senior Director of Operations/Finance, agree on a plan to target new customers and review quarterly. Review & revise the plan according to market conditions, as necessary, in advance of approaching all potential customers.
- Ensure the company is acknowledged as a leading supplier in the produce industry
- Use an innovative approach to new products by understanding the needs of potential new customers and which product types and formats would appeal to their customer base
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, VP of Strategy & the Senior Director of Operations/Finance, agree on a new product sales strategy to be reviewed quarterly.
- Develop relationships outside of the customers’ category teams to ensure the customer understands the range of products the company can offer
- Understand the challenges in the marketplace for products which may be supplied by the company and use this knowledge to propose new supply opportunities through the organization
- Understand and develop positive relationships with all suppliers and growers to ensure seamless backup responsibilities for the procurement team, Sourcing Specialist, and Director of Operations, when required
- Work with the suppliers’ sales teams to understand & identify opportunities to supply local or regional customers in conjunction with our existing suppliers
- In conjunction with the Director of Procurement, manage the supply chain function provided by external trucking and logistics to ensure competitive rates at all times; meet and review quarterly.
- Understand and have an in-depth knowledge of the full cycle process of order processing through to receiving payment from customers to ensure an efficient process is in place. Work closely with the entire team to implement efficiencies.
- Manage the entire sales staff; setting targets to achieve the business goals
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
Excellent customer service skills, positive attitude, honesty & integrity to ensure everyone has a positive impression of, and experience with, Market Fresh Produce
- Belief in, and support of, the company vision & program
- Superior work ethic
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills
- Superior problem solving & analytical skills, as well as strong organizational & planning skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task & prioritize work
- Team oriented
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the year
- Proven produce sales & marketing experience, or the ability to successfully perform the duties within 90 days of employment
- A high school diploma or equivalent required, college preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in operations of standard office equipment such as computer, laptop, printer, copier, scanner, fax machine, cell phone, multi-line phone system and other technologies
- A valid driver’s license, as well as an acceptable driving record
- Signed acceptance of the MFP Non-Solicitation and Confidentiality Agreement
- MFP’s receipt, approval & acceptance of the candidate’s background check
Responsible for complying with all compliance regulations applicable to the job description
Maintain confidentiality of company, vendor, and customer information, without exception, internally and externally
Adhere to company policies and procedures governing the safety and security of all company employees, property, and assets
This Senior Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for the supervision of the sales staff.
He or she is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees including; interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing their work; appraising their performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing their complaints and resolving their problems.
The Senior Director of Sales and Marketing is required to treat all employees and applicants consistently and equally, without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, national origin or any other characteristics that are protected under law. The Senior Director of Sales is not allowed to base any employment decisions on these protected characteristics, cannot deny opportunities to an individual because of their characteristics, and cannot retaliate against an employee.
The Senior Director of Sales and Marketing is required to treat all employees respectfully and avoid unwanted/unwelcomed behavior that constitutes harassment. The Senior Director of Sales and Marketing is required to carry out all supervisory duties in full compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A bachelor’s of science in business administration, with an emphasis in marketing/management or a related field is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of successful sales experience in the produce industry and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience, or the ability to successfully perform the duties within 90 days of employment is required.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook is required.
- Proficiency in operations of standard office equipment such as computer, laptop, printer, copier, scanner, fax machine, cell phone, multi-line phone system and other technologies is also required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license, as well as an acceptable driving record is required. This position does not require any certificates or registrations.
The successful candidate must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, financial reports, and legal documents. Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, vendors, and customers. The ability to effectively present information to employees, vendors, customers, and Market Fresh Produce management is required.
The successful candidate must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs. Additionally, the successful candidate must the ability to calculate interest, discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activities described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The internal work environment is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilations, fumes and gases is very limited; however he or she may be required to work outside, in various weather conditions from time to time. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computer, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a non-confined office type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. The position includes driving a company vehicle approximately 40% of the time which includes exposure to the outside weather elements and moving mechanical parts. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc.
In the course of performing this position, the employee will spend time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting up to 50 pounds, driving, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The employee in this position may operate any or all of the following: automobile, telephone, cellular telephone, copy and fax machines, calculator, scanning equipment, desktop and/or laptop computer and related printers, or other equipment as directed.
Length of day is unpredictable; long hours, including Saturdays, Sundays, and/or holidays, may be required to accommodate peak periods, and meet deadlines.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The individual in this position should have experience, knowledge and training in sales in the produce industry. He or she must have well-developed interpersonal skills to deal with employees, vendors, and customers on matters of a confidential or sensitive nature and the ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
He or she must treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational values; and accept responsibility for their own actions.
He or she must have excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure maximum productivity. He or she must be adept at working on multiple concurrent tasks, with constant interruptions, and have the ability to work without supervision while performing duties.
The ability to work as a team player is required.